Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Falling Inside

Alex just texted me from work to tell me that he feels like he is in a snow globe.

Isn't that a lovely thought?

It has been snowing continuously since yesterday evening, but I don't think it's even freezing out. Some of the snow that fell overnight, when it was colder, stayed on the ground for a while - and the snow that falls on the leftover snow from the last storm stays and adds to the piles - but mostly it just keeps melting on the ground.

Sometimes when I'm looking out the window, a big clump of snow falls down from the roof across my vision. It is always so startling and exciting!

I stood outside in it all for a few minutes. The snowfall is so soft and gentle, brushing my cheeks and eyelashes and melting after one perilous, poised moment. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment