Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls


On Thursday after my audition, I was tired and listless, so instead of typing, I made cinnamon pecan rolls! When I stirred up the dough, I'm pretty sure I almost set my electric beaters on fire, so I gave up with those and tried using a whisk, which was entirely in vain, and then moved onto a wooden spoon, which worked very well but certainly gave me workout for the day - especially as it was followed by fifteen minutes of kneading! What with all the stirring and kneading and rising and stretching and rolling and using-of-many-dishes and precise-placing-of-pecans and cutting and rising again (for extra long, because the radiators didn't go on all day and so it was very cold!) and baking, it took six hours!

But that is ok, because I didn't have anything else I wanted to do, and also they were so enormous that the six of them (the recipe makes six, which I thought when I started wasn't very many, but oh how wrong I was) sort of turned into one big roll and practically overflowed the 9x13 pan, and also they are soooooooooooooo delicious. They have brown sugar pecan syrup instead of gross powdered sugar drizzle, and they are stuffed to the brim with goodness. I like the dough part best, followed by the pecans. Alex likes the sugary part best. Tom is in California, so he doesn't have a favorite part, but I'm sure he would!

We have been eating them for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment